Sunday, April 6, 2008

New Old Toys (and Clothes) for Sicily



The St. Andrew Episcopal Church in Arlington has a fantastic kids consignment sale twice a year, once in the spring and fall. This year as a consignee, we were able to shop pre-sale to the public. But as part of my ability to consign, I had to also work the sale this morning. I was given the task of door guard, allowing only a certain number of shoppers in at a time. The place was crowded with about 400 shoppers in the first hour. I highly recommend the sale to anyone in the area.

During the sale, I was thinking that I will probably be involved in more events like this in the Foreign Service, so it was a nice activity to work this morning.

We picked up a wood doll house, a pull-toy with ducks, another activity table, three books, a see-and-say, some drawing templates, some shirts, a couple of dresses and a pair of shorts.

If we are in town for the Fall sale, we will definately participate again.

Less than six days!

No comments: